Continental Avenue Bridge
The historic Continental Avenue Bridge will be getting a new life and purpose after the opening of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in 2012. A private and anonymous donation of $10 million was made to the City of Dallas through the Trinity Trust Foundation for the renovation of this bridge.
The exceptional features of this linear park between the levees has its roots steeped in the New York Highline project. It will be fifty feet across and park amenities under review are:
- Paths for walking, running and cycling
- A flower gateway with trefoil shade structures
- Play area with shade trees, seating, chess panel, climbing blocks
- Event plaza
- Mist plaza
- Meditation plaza central bridge feature
- Possible street vendor plaza
The transition of the Continental Avenue Bridge from a vehicular bridge to a beautiful pedestrian park is made possible through an anonymous donation of $10 million that was given through the Trinity Trust Foundation.